Wow – it’s been weeks since I said I would post a recipe for the Cannoli Puff Pastries that I made for our Super Bowl Party. Finally, I’ve decided to share it.
This recipe was so delicious, easy to prepare, easy to assemble and was a crowd pleaser.
I stole this recipe from Pepperidge Farm. I already had the puff pastry in the freezer so that was a plus.
WHAT YOU NEED –
- Muffin pan
- Cooking spray
- 1 sheet of frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
COOKING DIRECTIONS –
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut into 12 squares (I thawed the puff pastry in the microwave for quick thaw!)
- Press squares into the muffin pan
- Brush top edges of squares with the beaten egg
- Bake for 10 minutes until pastries are golden brown
- Once cool, cut a small slit into the top with a knife.
- Place ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl
- Whisk until smooth
- Take a large spoonful of ricotta mixture and place in puff pastry. **Tip: make sure the pastry is still a little warm, this will make it easier to fill in the puff itself!
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
What do you think?